Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks from the Gambit world

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks from the Gambit world
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:24:41 -0700 (PDT)

So, in other words, Felix tried the benchmarks pointed
to by Sven and found Chicken to be lacking... :) ?

Sorry, just couldn't resist it :) Felix has a good
point. For better or worse, I have briefly tried
Gambit, but found Chicken's ecosystem (SRFI support,
libraies) richer. Of the free Schemes available
around, I found SISC and Chicken to be the most
useful.

For performance and numerical simulations, I found
pure Chicken unsatisfactory. Mixing in some C made it
better, but that quickly becomes limiting. Another
good option (for me) was to use OCAML with a Scheme
interpreter on top (OCS).

-- Dan