[Chicken-users] Re: benchmarks from the Gambit world

From: Thomas Hafner
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: benchmarks from the Gambit world
Date: 31 Aug 2006 11:54:47 +0200

"felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote/schrieb <address@hidden>:

> On 8/29/06, address@hidden

> But I'd like to point out that all this benchmarking mania somewhat
> misses the point.

ACK. Some performance improvements are only reacheable by replacing
general procedures by others, which are specialized in regard to its
argument types (fixnum, flonum etc.). I think this lack of
polyphormism results in less clear and less maintainable code. Chicken
has done the major step in speed improvement: it can be compiled, some
other Scheme implementations (which are only interpreters) cannot.

Regards
  Thomas