Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 available

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 available
Date: 26 Feb 2007 18:01:36 -0300

Hi Felix and folks,

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:12:58 +0100 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> A release canditate for CHICKEN 2.6 is now available at
> the web-site. If you find the time, please give it a try.

I could build, install and run the benchmarks on the following
systems:

   OS        Hw platform     gcc      with libffi?     build tool
GNU/Linux       x86         4.1.1         no           autoconf, cmake
GNU/Linux      x86_64       4.0.3       yes,no         autoconf
GNU/LINUX      alpha        2.95.4        no           autoconf
GNU/LINUX       PPC         4.1.2         no           autoconf
FreeBSD 6 .0  x86 (qemu)    3.4.4         no           autoconf

On the x86_64 system I've also run salmonella and could build and
install 204 eggs (lots of eggs fail because of missing libraries).

Best wishes,
Mario