Re : [Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit

From: minh thu
Subject: Re : [Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:00:21 +0100

2007/3/7, felix winkelmann <address@hidden>:
On 3/6/07, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> > BTW, shouldn't we really start thinking about automatic upload?
>
> Please, what does the above phrase mean? Automatic egg post when the
> svn repo copy of the source is changed? I hope not.

Well, (un)fortunately, it means "yes". The problem is that it is gettting
more
and more involved having the proper setup for running egg-post-commit.
Additionally I'd find it more convenient to have automatic uploads on
commit since running the upload script manually can get tedious after
a while. If you prefer to do it manually, I guess we should provide an
option (as an svn property). So my proposal:

- egg-post-commit can still be used as normal
- if an egg has been changed by a commit, has a .meta file, all files
  listed in the .meta file are available and the directory does not have
  a "noautoupload" property (or whatever), then it is uploaded
  automatically to call/cc.org.

Would that be acceptable?

Hi,

When you make a change, don't you up the version ?
If it's the case, automatic upload would only involve new directory under tags.

Also, in the .meta file, maybe it would be wise to have an option to
disable the .meta file. And an option to disable the .meta file after
one run.

Cheers,
thu