Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual in Texinfo format
Date: 19 May 2007 09:41:18 -0300

Hi Ivan,

On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:11:46 +0900 Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>    Do you care to elaborate why there is no easy way to do that?

Because, as far as I know, we don't have a wiki->texinfo
converter.

I've quickly searched and found an HTML->texi converter:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/text/html2texi.lsm

The original site seems to be gone.  The code is at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/text/html2texi-0.1.tar.gz

Maybe it can be useful to convert the HTML manual to texinfo.  I've
not used the software, so I can't say if it does the job or not.

> I will be very happy to contribute time and effort to building a
> wiki->texinfo converter.

That would be very nice.

Best wishes,
Mario