Re: [Chicken-users] build on Windows with cygwin

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] build on Windows with cygwin
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:07:25 +0200

On 9/18/07, Shawn Rutledge <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 9/18/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > What makefile did you use?
>
> Makefile.mingw

Invalid. Wrong. Utterly.

mingw != cygwin.

(and (not (eq? 'mingw 'cygwin))
         (not (equal? 'mingw 'cygwin)) )

> On 9/18/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 9/18/07, Shawn Rutledge <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > That link says it can build against either cygwin or mingw.  If I do
> > > not use -mno-cygwin, it complains about not finding direct.h.

direct.h is a windows header. You are trying to compile a native windows
version of chicken, not a cygwin one.

> No not at all; simply that it is posted on the new wiki page about
> supported systems that it works with Windows and mingw.

See above.

> > (there has not been any testing. Cygwin is currently not supported, since
> > nobody has responded to my inquiries about a 2.6 cygwin build log)
>
> I must have missed that; can't seem to find it right now either.  Was
> it recently?

It came with the new build system. It is merely required to collect the
necessary options.

But you could do me a huge favor: get

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-2.6.tar.gz

Unpack and build/install it into a temporary directory, and send me
the resulting build log, with something like this:

cd chicken-2.6
mkdir tmp
./configure --prefix=`pwd`/tmp >build.log 2>&1
make install >>build.log 2>&1

Please send me the generated file (gzipped!) and I should be quickly
able to provide a suitable cygwin makefile.