Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken universal?

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken universal?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:26:07 -0600

No one has actually tried it to my knowledge, but you could try
building two copies (one PPC, one Intel) and then using `lipo -create`
to fuse the copies of each library together.  The easiest way would be
to build on a native i386 and a native PPC machine, but if unavailable
I think you could manually do it.  For example, to build PPC on Intel,
add '-arch ppc' to the gcc flags, and pass ARCH=ppc.darwin to the
Makefile.

Or you could just try adding the "-arch i386 -arch ppc" flag to gcc.
Unfortunately the latter will undoubtedly barf on the apply hack, so
you'll have to disable it.

In short, you're on untrodden ground.  I'm pretty sure it would be
doable, but would require some elbow grease.