Re: [Chicken-users] proposed change to http-client

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] proposed change to http-client
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:36:42 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Daishi Kato wrote:

Hi,

Why on earth do you want to add "Connection: close" in HTTP/1.0?
I think it's meaning-less, I'd propose just
to remove adding this header in http:POST, http:GET and http:send-request.

Although I'm not sure why http:GET and http:send-request has been
adding "Connection: close".

why did i add it? i didnt add it. it was there originally when i started modifying the one function. the goal was not to do a complete rewrite of the
http egg, it was to make one particular procedure work correctly over its
inputs. (the previous state had erroneous assumptions on content.)  i left it
there because a) it doesnt hurt anything to make it explicit b) it was put
there initially by someone who knew what they were doing and c) i had neither
the time nor inclination to try tracing and refactoring an entire egg, especially one that is widely used and is a core component of a lot of interesting very active things. the one method changed will act exactly the
way it did before i changed it for the various eggs that use it.  if i randomly
remove things, i cannot guarantee that things wont break. (not that i can
guarantee this regardless, but i can demonstrate that for all eggs currently
in the repo that use http-client will get exactly the same request objects
sent out as they did before i changed it.)

-elf