[Chicken-users] Idea: Unofficial eggs

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] Idea: Unofficial eggs
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:25:13 -0700

I have some things I'd like to turn into eggs that I don't think belong on
the official eggs page. I can make my own egg repository but I think an
unofficial eggs page would be really useful.

In the .meta file a flag would indicate the egg is unofficial. When the docs
are created the pointer to that egg would be added to the unofficial eggs
page rather than the official eggs page.

Or, the idea could be generalized. Have the meta variable be something like
category with possible categories being:

lib            ==> this corresponds to the current eggs page
app          ==> applications - i.e. not stuff you'd (use ...)
unofficial ==> half baked miscellanea

Thoughts?

Matt
-=-