Re: [Chicken-users] Re: patch to with-*-*-file

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: patch to with-*-*-file
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:59:24 +0200

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:
> too bad.  Once again a fix for the fix.
>
> This time I overlooked a now superflous assignment.

##sys#standard-{in,out}put are already handled specially (and
stored in the thread-state), so this doesn't make things any
more thread-safe than they already are.
Additionally, it may not always be intended to close the port
when an escaping continuation is used, as the current state
could be re-entered. For this reaon, R5RS leaves the behaviour
undefined in this case.