[Chicken-users] Re: CHICKEN on sparc64-linux

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: CHICKEN on sparc64-linux
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 00:41:35 +0200

2009/8/29 Thomas Chust <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> The Debian GNU / Linux I use to run the box has a mixed 32 bit and 64
> bit userland on this architecture, so I tried a 64 bit build of
> CHICKEN first, which is apparently the only foreseen alternative: The
> build not only took ages but also produced a chicken binary that
> segfaulted when compiling anything, although the csi binary seemed to
> work at first glance.
> [...]

Hello,

when disabling the apply hack, the 64 bit build also produces a
working compiler. Unfortunately I have no experience with sparc64
assembler, so I have no clue what exactly breaks in the argument
passing code :-(

Ciao,
Thomas

--
All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things in common: They
explain the observed facts, and they are completely and utterly wrong.