Re: [Chicken-users] Re: chicken-install should use sudo -v

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: chicken-install should use sudo -v
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:22:40 -0400

Aleksej Saushev scripsit:

> No, chicken ought not to use sudo, which is non-standard and unavailable
> on all non-gnu platforms, unless you install it.

It does use it already if you give the -s switch.  I'm just suggesting that
it do a better job of using it.

> As for me, I don't think that giving sudo privileges to chicken-install
> is good idea, since it may do too much under the hood and you're not
> even warned by password prompt.

That's why you use chicken-install -s instead of sudo chicken-install; then
the script asks for privileges only when it actually needs them.

--
John Cowan              address@hidden          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Historians aren't constantly confronted with people who carry on