[Chicken-users] Msys installation report

From: Mark Carter
Subject: [Chicken-users] Msys installation report
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:52:34 +0000 (GMT)

I seem to be able to get chicken to install and run OK on MSYS (includes MINGW,
naturally). Here's the steps I followed:

Open up a MSYS shell
git clone http://chicken.wiki.br/git/chicken-core.git
cd chicken-core
make PLATFORM=mingw-msys confclean
mmake='make PLATFORM=mingw-msys PREFIX=C:/msys/1.0/local'
$mmake bootstrap
$mmake CHICKEN=./chicken-boot
$mmake install

Create a file hello.scm:
(declare (uses extras)) ; necessary for compilation using write-line
(write-line "chicken scheme says hello")

csi hello.scm # gives a warning about declares being ignored - can be safely
ignored
csc hello.scm && hello # gives output as expected

Phew!

Felix, I haven't forgotten about testing cygwin for you. I'll get on to it
ASAP. Also, I think it's worthwhile incorporating some of the above information
in the README file, so that people can get up and running as quickly as
possible. I can provide a patch if that would be helpful.