[Chicken-users] Bounty for an egg or two.

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] Bounty for an egg or two.
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:53:52 -0700

I'd like some help in getting some eggs made:

1. An interface to cgal
2. An interface to Ogre3d

I'll pay $100 (yeah, I know, it's a pittance) for each, preferably via
paypal.

Requirements
-----------------
General approval from the chicken hackers or users list as to *how* you
intend to implement the interface. This isn't a hard requirement but I would
appreciate it. The code must be licensed under the same license as Chicken
itself and can be added to the eggs repository if desired.

cgal:

 1. Scheme data (list, vector or array) to and from cgal polygons
 2. Chicken friendly calls to the boolean set-operations. or, not, and, xor
 3. Plenty of comments in the swig .i file (I assume swig is the way
     to go) and other files to help others figure out how to add access
     to more cgal functions (i.e. me). See:

http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Boolean_set_operations_2/Chapter_main.html

Ogre3d:

Given the nature of Ogre3d I'm not even sure this is possible but ....

1. Port enough of the api (I assume using swig again?) to enable writing
    chickenified versions of one of the samples, maybe
    ogre/Samples/Transparancy or ogre/Samples/Terrain

Why?
===
I've needed cgal for several projects for some time now but swig and C++ are
not my forte. Ogre3d would potentially solve several problems I'm working on
but working in C++ would be too painful.