Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4.5.0 on Windows?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4.5.0 on Windows?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:07:27 -0300

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 01:57:20PM +0200, Felix wrote:
> From: Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden>
> > I'm not sure how the cross-compilation process would proceed, and how
> > I'd install the binaries and DLLs on the target machine.
>
> Pass DESTDIR when running the "install" target and the installation
> tree should end up there. Zipping up the tree would give you a working
> binary distribution, provided the tree is located at the root directory
> (or set the environment variable CHICKEN_PREFIX, but I'm not completely
> sure whether it works - I'll have to test this)

That's great already! Should be enough to generate zip files that can
be installed on several different machines.
Thank you!

> > 2) Directly from Windows:
> >
> > c:\> mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/mingw confclean
> > c:\> mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/mingw
> > c:\> mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/mingw install
> >
> > The first line was not in the instructions in the wiki,
> > http://chicken.wiki.br/compiling-chicken-on-windows-xp-with-mingw
> > (I'll add it).
>
> It should not be necessary. Did you invoke the build process
> before, perhaps aborting it? Where did you obtain the sources,
> was there a chicken-config.h included?

Hm, it's a folder shared between a VirtualBox installation of Windows
and the Linux host. So that may have been the problem (I had done the
cross-compilation there before)

I'm not sure yet if one needs the bootstrap image in this case
(compiling natively using MinGW). Is it necessary?

Thanks!
J.