Re: [Chicken-users] clueless about memory consumtion

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] clueless about memory consumtion
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:46:10 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 07.07.2010, 14:31 +0200 schrieb Felix:
> I have added a procedure for dumping the object-counts in the
> heap (see "experimental" branch), called `##sys#dump-heap-state'.

Thanks Felix!

Now I've got quite some more data - and dunno how to make head or tail
of it.

Different results on different systems.

On the old, busy deployment machine (where I noticed the consumption
problem) the new runtime will hang in full cpu usage but respond to
signals.

On the less busy development system it shows steady increase of
allocated objects - so far I could not find any with surprising high
numbers or increases.

However no test will run for a longer time.

Usually the second, sometimes the third entry of the dump is 'fixnum'
followed by 'bytevector' - or a segfault.

So maybe it's not worth to write a script to dissect the dump, but go
after this segfault first?  How would I?

Ciao

/Jerry