Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:17:39 -0500

Andy Bennett scripsit:

> Wow! This is excellent. I always thought that the Java language should
> be an entity in it's own right, separate from the JVM and be compilable
> / interpreted or JIT as required.

gcj is a variant of gcc that compiles static Java into native code
ahead of time.  It does so in a way that's compatible with how
g++ compiles C++, and the two languages interoperate freely provided
the libgcj library is linked.  Now that Sun Java is open source, it's
not being very actively developed, but it would certainly be possible
to make Chicken and Java code interoperate nicely using it.

--
Verbogeny is one of the pleasurettes    John Cowan <address@hidden>
of a creatific thinkerizer.             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan