Re: [Chicken-users] wiki pages and h1 title

From: John Gabriele
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wiki pages and h1 title
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:29:13 -0400

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM, John Gabriele <address@hidden> wrote:
> {...}
> I think it would make sense for every page to have an h1 ("= Page
> Title") at the top, which would not be part of a toc (if present),
> which would be rendered at the top of the page body (above the toc, if
> present), and which would be used to generate the first portion of the
> page's <title>. What do you think?

Here's a good example issue: the eggs tutorial page
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggs%20tutorial .

Currently, when I have that page open, it doesn't say anywhere that
it's the Eggs Tutorial page. My browser window title says
"Introduction - The Chicken Scheme Wiki" and my browser tab says
"Introduction". Looking at the page, there's no indication to the
reader what page they're looking at unless they check the actual url.

I'd bet many pages start with an Introduction, Overview, or Getting
Started section.

I could add "== Eggs Tutorial" to the top of the eggs tutorial page
(above the `[[toc:]]`), and it would kinda' look right, except:

1. "Eggs Tutorial" would be at the same level (h2) as the other
sections, but it shouldn't be -- it's the title of the page, and

2. The ToC would list it as section 1, containing no content, followed
by section 2, Introduction.

which might be acceptable, and wouldn't require any work, but I don't
think it's optimal.

---John