Re: [Chicken-users] llvm patches integrated (was: Installing on Mac OS 1

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] llvm patches integrated (was: Installing on Mac OS 10.7.3)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:00:27 -0300

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
All LLVM patches are now integrated into stability 4.7.0.5-st and the stability tarball (http://wiki.call-cc.org/stability), as well as master.  So the dance below is no longer necessary.

Additionally, these patches fix llvm-gcc and clang builds on Linux as well.

Users are encouraged to test this out if interested.  At the least, it seems to speed up the build process, along with the chicken compiler.

Works beautifully! *Does happy Chicken dance*

I changed the homebrew formula and it worked right away. I could always submit a pull request and point the formula to the stability branches, instead of the latest release.

-- Stephen

"Kids these days.
Whatever happened to hard work?"

       -- Joel Spolsky, The perils of javaschools