Re: [Chicken-users] How can I check a new build of chicken?

From: John Long
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How can I check a new build of chicken?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:26:46 +0000

Hey Christian,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 06:18:43PM +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:

> That version is way outdated. There is a more recent chicken port in
> the WIP ports git tree.
>
> Regardless of that chicken builds just fine on the loongson. I am running
> it there myself.

Oh cool, another loongson owner! What OS are you running?

>  Just grab the latest release tarball and
> build that one.
>
> The current version is 4.8.0.

I did actually start doing that and then I thought it would be better to try
getting the OpenBSD build to work because it keeps all the dependencies
updated. Is there a way to check the install I have now, given the comments
in the chicken makefile seem to suggest you have to do the test with the
same parms as the build (and I'm not exactly sure what happened there)? If
so, I'd prefer that at this point since I'm new to scheme and probably won't
miss the new features for a while yet.

If there is no way to run the test suite, then I'll start my 4.8.0 build
again and use that instead.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

/jl