Re: [Chicken-users] [patch] remove the initial check on directory exista

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [patch] remove the initial check on directory existance
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:22:45 -0500

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Better to either keep it the way it is, change the semantics and
> breaking compat (so be it), or convert to keyword args and make it an
> optional feature (my least favorite alternative).

I'm not a big fan of keyword args either, but an optional second argument
that makes it atomic wouldn't kill anybody.

(create-directory pathname [ atomic? ] )

Create the directory specified by pathname.  If the atomic? argument is
present and is true, do this atomically, raising an error if the directory
already exists.  Otherwise, do nothing if the directory already exists.
Raise an error in all other cases where the directory cannot be created.

--
John Cowan              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      address@hidden
"After all, would you consider a man without honor wealthy, even if his