Re: [Chicken-users] new eggs

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] new eggs
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:33:01 +0000

Hi Felix,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:24:29 +0200 (CEST) Felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] new eggs
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:49:48 +0000
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:35:45 -0400 Andrei Barbu <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Small typo.

>>> Should say
>>>
>>> https://github.com/abarbu/matlab-chicken
>>
>> The .meta's `depend' should contain eggs only, but matlab.meta's contain
>> some CHICKEN core units: srfi-1 and lolevel.
>
> This shouldn't be a problem. Normally chicken-install is able to handle
> these.

Yeah, it does, indeed.  OTOH, I think we should consider a good practice
putting only eggs into dependency-related forms in .meta files.  Reason:
other tools also use information from .meta files (e.g.,
salmonella-html-report, egg-pack-sources) and usually they are concerned
with eggs only, but since .meta files allow core units to be in
dependency-related forms, tools always need to check if items in those
forms are eggs, units or chicken itself.

I don't see why we should have/allow core units in .meta's forms.  Maybe
I'm overlooking something.  If that's the case, please let me know.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario