Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-iup - progressing nicely but have problem wi

From: Oleg Kolosov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-iup - progressing nicely but have problem with canvas-draw
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:32:15 +0400

On 02/04/14 12:08, Peter Bex wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> This looks very useful indeed.  Is the documentation for CMake better
> nowadays?  I seem to recall that was the main reason we dropped CMake,
> because nobody besides one person understood it well enough to maintain
> the build.
I don't know how it was back then but current CMake documentation is not
very good either IMHO. Maybe this is due to it's many features and
general complexity. Unfortunately, it is relatively widespread, well
known and supports generating projects for various IDEs which is the way
many users prefer nowadays. I'm developing these modules to ease
integration of Chicken into existing projects. I consider this the
"lesser evil", i.e. it works for not too complex cases, and I hope will
be useful to somebody. I've added some documentation to the FindChicken
module and will be happy to answer any questions regarding it's usage.

--
Regards, Oleg