Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with deploy - executable complains it cannot

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with deploy - executable complains it cannot load type-errors
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:15:43 +0200

* Matt Welland <address@hidden> [140401 08:17]:
> I have made a deployable exe (chicken 4.8.0.5, Ubuntu 32bit) but get the
> following when I try to run it:
>
> Error: (require) cannot load extension: type-errors
>
>     Call history:
>
>     histstore.scm:5: ##sys#require          <--
>
> ======The Make Lines=======
>
> histstore/histstore : histstore.scm ../margs/margs.scm
>     chicken-install -p histstore  -deploy sqlite3 posix srfi-13 srfi-1
> utils format srfi-69 regex regex-literals
>     csc histstore.scm -deploy
>
> ======The First Few Lines=====
>
> (use sqlite3 posix srfi-13 srfi-1 regex format)
>
> (import (prefix sqlite3 sqlite3:))
>
> ;; (require-library margs)
> (include "../margs/margs.scm")
>
> ==========================
>
> Full code:
> http://www.kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/opensrc/doc/tip/histstore/histstore.scm
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The csc -deploy step will install the runtime in the deployment
directory, I did not see you do that.  The way is:

1. compile your application with csc -deploy,
2. chicken-install -deploy the dependencies.

Can you try this?

Thanks,

Christian

Can you try this?

Thanks,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.