Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:08:49 +0200

Claude Marinier <address@hidden> writes:
> Building on rc4 on the same PC with mingw-w64 works without error (also
> without MSYS). Check works as expected as does numbers egg installation.
>
> I have had problems with MinGW and re-installed a couple of times. I am
> growing less confident in these installations. This is a good time to move
> to mingw-w64; I will try it at home later today.
>
> Is it useful to dig deeper into the problem with the old MinGW or should
> I just drop it?

If you aren't sure about the configuration you experienced the error in
I think it's better not to waste time and effort on finding out what
went wrong here, unless you yourself are curious.

I think we should recommend using mingw-64 for CHICKEN instead.

Peter, what do you think?

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.