Re: [Chicken-users] Hello! I'm new and need some pointers please ~

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Hello! I'm new and need some pointers please ~
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 20:25:20 -0700

Welcome to Chicken!

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:11 PM, fedekun <address@hidden> wrote:

Also, I have one question: What's a good site for CHICKEN Scheme reference?

http://api.call-cc.org/doc/  is the canonical documentation site. You can also set up your local doc server (which will give you essentially the same thing as that URL), if you need offline access. Look for the 'chickadee' egg.

Also, I glanced at your code; I noticed you were using various (declare (unit ...)) and (declare (uses ...)) declarations. As I understand it, those declarations may or may not be formally deprecated, but they are not much used any more; the general practice these days is to use modules rather than units. Though there are others on this list with much more expertise than I, who might tell you differently.

--
Matt Gushee