classpath-inetlib

Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTPConnection.starttls() status code?

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTPConnection.starttls() status code?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:19:31 +0100

petite_abeille wrote:
> I'm slightly confused about what status code SMTPConnection.starttls()
> should check to determine if the STARTTLS command was successful...
> SMTPConnection presently check for code 250 (OK), but it would appear
> that most servers return 220 (READY) instead.
>
> RFC 3207 also mention 220 as the proper status code.
>
> What gives?

My fault, I didn't have access to an SMTP server with TLS support to
start with so I wrote a very simple one for testing and returned the
wrong code. This has now been changed to READY, thanks for picking it
up.

As you have access to a variety of such servers, can you confirm for me
whether there are /any/ servers that return OK?
--
Chris Burdess