classpath-inetlib

Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTPConnection.starttls() status code?

From: petite_abeille
Subject: Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTPConnection.starttls() status code?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:35:38 +0200

Hello,

On Jun 15, 2004, at 11:19, Chris Burdess wrote:

My fault, I didn't have access to an SMTP server with TLS support to
start with so I wrote a very simple one for testing and returned the
wrong code.

jboss-mail has a relatively straightforward SMTP server which claims to support STARTTLS.

http://www.jboss.org/products/mailservices

CmdSTARTTLS.java

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jboss/jboss-mail/src/java/org/ jboss/mail/smtp/handlers/CmdSTARTTLS.java?view=markup

This has now been changed to READY, thanks for picking it
up.

You are welcome.

As you have access to a variety of such servers, can you confirm for me
whether there are /any/ servers that return OK?

All the servers I tested so far use 220 (READY). I haven't seen any 250 (OK) returned from a STARTTLS command yet.

Cheers,

PA.