Re: A java DEBUG flag

From: Kevin A. Burton
Subject: Re: A java DEBUG flag
Date: 28 Nov 2000 03:47:31 -0800

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:
<snip>

> Thanks, the attached is the patch to classpath for the same.  I've
> left the arguments to configure the same... seems like
> --enable-java-debug should add '-g' to put debug symbols in class
> files... and I couldn't really change the define in the java file
> anyway without breaking gcj...

This essentially works out to being a precompiler... precompilers were
explicitly left out of Java during its early design just like multiple
inheritance and pointers... thus I don't think it is a good idea to include it
in GCJ..

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden )
        Cell: 408-910-6145 URL: http://relativity.yi.org ICQ: 73488596

The more you tighten your grip, the more systems will slip through your fingers.

Legion of Doom security NSA Serbian Honduras quiche Nazi strategic Treasury
Clinton Albanian SDI supercomputer spy $400 million in gold bullion