Re: [Classpath] Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 15:50:41 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Tobias Downer wrote:

> I've separated the Collections API code from classpath and, with a few
> modifications, managed to compile the code on java 1.1.  I've been
> looking for a 1.1 port because I've just recently set about the task of
> porting my GPL'd Java database server from JDK 1.2 to 1.1.x.
>
> Would anyone else be interested in using the classpath Collections API
> implementation as a support library for 1.1?

hmm.  moderately.  I've got a GPL'ed project that uses 'only the
Collections' part of JDK1.2, and it would enable me to support it on
JDK1.1 without using a collection of Sun's code which I can't distribute.
Likely there are others like me.
 --s

Bejing global action network NRA Nazi assassination Iraq chemical agent
Morwenstow NSA Clinton corporate globalization smuggle World Trade Center
              ( http://lesser-magoo.lcs.mit.edu/~cananian )
 --
 "These students are going to have to find out what law and order is
 all about."  -- Brig. General Robert Canterbury, Noon, May 4, 1970,