Re: Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1

From: Jochen Hoenicke
Subject: Re: Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:30:34 +0100 (MET)

On Mar 4, Tobias Downer wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me to this.  I tried the latest mkcollections.pl
> script on CVS but it doesn't appear to be up to date with the
> Collections classes.  If attempts and fails to copy Bucket.java (which I
> presume has been removed) and does not remove some 1.2 specific object
> serialization calls from TreeMap.java.  I think it fails because at some
> point a couple of variable names containing serialized fields were
> renamed from 'iField' and 'oField' to 'field' so now the script misses
> them.
>
> I made some small changes to the script to bring it up to date.  I'll
> send the changes to the author for review.

[I'm the author of mkcollections.pl.in]

I have decided to make the changes to TreeMap.java instead.  Its a
trivial path changing only 5 lines in the write/readObject methods.
I see no reason to use the PutFields instead of defaultWriteObject if
you just want to write out the standard fields.

This and some previous changes by other people makes most hacks in
mkcollections.pl.in superfluous, so I removed them.

  Jochen