RE: Announcement: Javadoc drop-in replacement

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: RE: Announcement: Javadoc drop-in replacement
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:32:06 +0100

Tom> Has anybody talked to you about the paperwork you'd need to sign for
Tom> the FSF?  In general the FSF wants ownership of the copyright of
Tom> programs included in its packages.

I've no problems with giving the copyright to FSF. Please get in
touch with me for discussing legal details.

Julian> However, a year ago I have written a tool named TexiDoclet
Julian> (http://texidoclet.sourceforge.net) which outputs Info pages,
Julian> with Emacs users in mind.

Tom> Does it output info or texinfo?

Actually, it outputs texinfo source, which however is optimized for
later conversion to Info. This because my primary motivation was to
enable fast and comfortable documentation lookup in Emacs. I expect
that converting it to other formats yields poor results at the time,
because the texinfo source contains a lot of formatting targetted at
monospaced displays.

Perhaps I will extend TexiDoclet some day with means to output
general-purpose texinfo source (suitable for conversion to DVI, PDF,
etc.) - but for now, think of it as a system for creating Info pages
from Java source documentation.

Please refer to the project homepage for further details.

Julian> BTW, I am rather new to alternative VMs and I have a couple of
Julian> questions which I think should not be discussed here.

Tom> You can ask me if you want.

In the meantime, I was able to solve most of the issues myself. I'll come
back to you, Nic Ferrier and Anthony Green with the remaining questions.
Thanks to all of you for offering your help.

Julian