Re: Bug in Double.java

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Bug in Double.java
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:59:48 +0200

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your active work. I have just returned from a long weekend
vacation in Belgium and have a lot of email (and other work) catch up.

I also haven't yet looked at your patch and your suggestions for Boolean
and my changes for Chained exceptions. But I will in the coming two/three
days (if nobody beats me to it).

> This patch is rather long, and I haven't signed paperwork, so you will have
> to let me know what to do from here.
Please make sure that you contact Paul Fisher <mailto:address@hidden>, he
does the paperwork. The (legal) requirements for working on Classpath
are fairly simple. Don't look at Sun source code for classes that you
work on. And you have to agree to give the GNU project (FSF) a (signed)
non-exclusive right to distribute your work, normally done by signing
a copyright assignment form which Paul fisher can send you. (You might
also need a employer disclaimer of rights.)
See <http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/doc/hacking.html#SEC2>

> Below is a class I used to verify correct operation.
Thanks for including this.
You might also want to look at the Mauve testing framework for the
Java class libraries <http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/>.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. Could you try to add the patch to the patch manager on savannah
<http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/classpath> then we can test if the
patch really does arrive at the classpath-commits mailinglist.
--
Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>