Re: Satisfying EncodingManager

From: arenn
Subject: Re: Satisfying EncodingManager
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:12:39 -0500

Brian Jones (address@hidden) wrote:
> > Can someone tell me, what is the minimum I need to do to make
> > EncodingManager behave?  All I want to do is run Hello World, and
> > EncodingManager seems to want to do reflection for Pete's sake.
> >
> > Can I just comment out a few lines of EncodingManager and just make it
> > work properly for Hello World?  I'd rather not delve too far into the
> > internals of EncodingManager if I can avoid it, as it really has nothing
> > to do with my project.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide.
>
> I don't know.

EncodingManager tries to dynamically load an encode/decode class depending
on the type of encoding you are using.  You need to comment out this
code and hardcode it to load the path for the Latin 1 encoders.
This shouldn't be too hard to do.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/