Re: Informative throws

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Informative throws
Date: 27 Jul 2001 15:56:59 -0600

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

Eric> I actually liked the old version better, where parseInt and
Eric> decode shared more code, so that all the complex code resides in
Eric> a single method rather than 3.

Ok.

Eric>     if ((! decode && s == null) || (length = s.length()) == 0)

The GNU coding standards frown on assignments in conditionals.
I think this code is fine if those are removed.

We have to get you set up with an assignment so you can check in fixes
directly.  For instance this fix is probably large enough to require
assignment.

Tom