Problems with URLStreamHandler.java when running Jigsaw with ORP plus C

From: Wu, Gansha
Subject: Problems with URLStreamHandler.java when running Jigsaw with ORP plus Classpath
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:39:12 +0800

This is second of the series.
The problem in URLStreamHandler.java:

Consider the snippet in parse():
                // Process host and port
                int slash_index = url_string.indexOf("/");
                int colon_index = url_string.indexOf(":");
         Also here windows-style path name isn't counted in. We have URL
patterns like "file://d:\dir\dir\file.xxx", and they will fail in parsing. A
patch here is:
                // Process host and port
           +   url_string =
url_string.replace(System.getProperty("file.separator").charAt(0), '/');
                int slash_index = url_string.indexOf("/");
                int colon_index = url_string.indexOf(":");
         Of course it's also not very elegant.
         Like last post about File.java, we think it's better to delegate these
platform-dependent judgements to a standalone platform-wise class.