failing with japhar and orp

From: Brian Jones
Subject: failing with japhar and orp
Date: 29 Jul 2001 21:47:41 -0400

I had the misfortune to notice that using the cvs version of Classpath
is broken at the moment with Japhar.  This was not the case with
classpath-0.02.  I've also tried the current native libraries with the
0.02 class files and that works.  There appear to be some differences
in initialization (the part before the vm executes main() in the
argument class) that are causing it some problems... notably an
exception seems to be thrown during this phase.  I'm hoping to track
down what is throwing it and why this week.

I haven't been able to get ORP working with the current set of class
files either, but this could be a red herring since the 0.02 version
that should work fine I also have not managed to see work either.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>