Re: [Classpath] Re: Informative throws

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Re: Informative throws
Date: 30 Jul 2001 11:17:50 -0600

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

Eric> As for readability/maintainence, Tom's idea of pre-processing
Eric> sources to remove arguments is a nice thought, but what about
Eric> cases where the argument is multiline, or includes method calls?
Eric> Pre-processing might be error-prone.  (I don't know if this
Eric> example is actaully in Classpath, but it demonstrates my point):

Eric> throw new AbstractMethodError(method.getName() + " is abstract in " +
Eric>                               clazz.getName());

I agree.  That's a potential problem.
If it is surmountable, then I'd rather go with preprocessing.
If it isn't solveable, then changing the source is preferable.

Tom