Re: Problems with File.java when running Jigsaw with ORP plus Classpa t

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Problems with File.java when running Jigsaw with ORP plus Classpa th
Date: 30 Jul 2001 11:14:05 -0600

>>>>> "Gansha" == Wu, Gansha <address@hidden> writes:

Gansha> We have modified GNU Classpath at some places so that ORP with
Gansha> Classpath can run Jigsaw webserver plus Tomcat/GnuJSP JSP
Gansha> engine. Here we submit them for discussion. This is the first
Gansha> of the series.

Please format your messages so there are less than 80 characters per
line.  Thanks.

Gansha> Problems in java/io/File.java:
Gansha> it's better to delegate these platform-dependent judgements to
Gansha> a standalone platform-wise class.

I agree.  Do you have a patch?
Is there even infrastructure for this in Classpath?

Gansha>     b. renameTo(): In Classpath's implementation:
Gansha>          So an apparent patch is:
Gansha>                 boolean rc = renameToInternal(path, dest.getPath());
Gansha>         -       if (rc)
Gansha>         -            path = dest.getPath();

I agree.  I'm checking this in.

Gansha>     c. I wonder why Classpath comments out the snippet in
Gansha>     list() that exerts FilenameFilter on the listInternal
Gansha>     result. At least for Jigsaw it works well when I remove
Gansha>     the comment tags.

I agree.  However, instead of simply uncommenting it I've made it more
efficient by eliminating the parallel boolean array.

Tom