jazzlib (java.util.zip implementation in java).

From: Jochen Hoenicke
Subject: jazzlib (java.util.zip implementation in java).
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:23:39 +0200

Hello,

We (John Leuner and I) have assigned copyright for jazzlib to the FSF,
so there shouldn't be any legal obstacle to including the code in
classpath anymore.

As far as I can see, there is no real java.util.zip implementation in
classpath yet, so do you agree if I just commit the content of jazzlib
to the classpath repository, overwriting the three small existing
classes?  The existing classes are just two exceptions and an
interface.

The other problem is the merge with libgcj as it already contains a
working java.util.zip implementation based on CNI.  However, the
java.util.zip package wasn't merged yet, so there is no need to
resolve this now.

  Jochen