Re: jazzlib (java.util.zip implementation in java).

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: Re: jazzlib (java.util.zip implementation in java).
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:11:40 -0700

Jochen Hoenicke wrote:
As far as I can see, there is no real java.util.zip implementation in
classpath yet, so do you agree if I just commit the content of jazzlib
to the classpath repository, overwriting the three small existing
classes?

That's fine. As you commit files, could you please go through them and clean up the formatting some to match the rest of Classpath? From a quick look over the source this morning, I'm referring to things like spaces between method names and the following parens, and spaces between keywords (if, etc) and their following parens.

The other problem is the merge with libgcj as it already contains a
working java.util.zip implementation based on CNI.  However, the
java.util.zip package wasn't merged yet, so there is no need to
resolve this now.

I agree.

Paul