Re: java.lang.StrictMath and copyright

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.lang.StrictMath and copyright
Date: 10 Aug 2001 11:06:02 -0600

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

Eric>  * ====================================================
Eric>  * Copyright (C) 1993 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Eric>  *
Eric>  * Developed at SunPro, a Sun Microsystems, Inc. business.
Eric>  * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
Eric>  * software is freely granted, provided that this notice
Eric>  * is preserved.

Eric> Am I correct that this is compatible with the GPL+exception,
Eric> provided that the copyright text above is included in the
Eric> resulting implementation of StrictMath?

Yes.  We use a modified version of this code in libgcj.

Eric> Are there any other legal gotchas to be aware of before someone
Eric> includes a modified version of fdlibm in Classpath?

I don't believe so.

Tom