Re: Kaffe's RMI library

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Kaffe's RMI library
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:13:14 +1200

Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:

So, are you saying that you intend to include Kaffe's RMI into ClassPath?
Under what license terms?

Transvirtual have kindly donated their RMI implementation to the FSF for use in the Classpath project. This actually happened some time ago, but nobody has yet actually done the merge work. It will be included in classpath under the same license terms as (most) the rest of the code - GPL+Exception.

By the way, what's the progress on:
1- Clarifications to the GPL exception (if any)
2- AWT relicensing (LGPL -> GPL+Exception

Or, maybe I shouldn't ask such questions because I am not an official
Classpath member, and such discussions should be held privately?

You are welcome to ask these questions, and I see no reason why licensing discussions should be held in private, except that they are boring ;-).

regards

Bryce.