RE: Hashtable enumeration

From: Patrick Doyle
Subject: RE: Hashtable enumeration
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

Michal-

  I'm sorry for bringing this into a public form.  That was very
unwise and unfair, as were my comments.  Let me just respond to a few
points...

You said this:

> Gansha has submitted all the necessary fixes to Classpath.  I don't
> remember if the email you mentioned is sufficient by itself, but
> certainly the combined fixes submitted by Gansha to the mailing list
> should fix all the SPEC JVM98 213_javac problems -- we can run
> 213_javac without any problems.
>
> Those fixes have not been checked into the Classpath CVS tree yet.

What am I supposed to do with this information?  Search the archives for
all the patches you have ever submitted?

> I haven't sent you any email recently because you have finished our
> email thread with:
>
> > Never mind about the hash table stuff.  I figured out a way to cobble
> > it together for now.

My appologies.  I had forgotten about that.

> Is this not the case?  What problems do you see after you apply that
> patch?

My objective was to find bugs in my JVM, not play games fixing bugs in
Classpath that someone else has already fixed.  It would be a frustrating
duplication of effort.  My ugly hack involving cloning the Enumeration was
much quicker, and it was guaranteed to work.

> P.S. Please, please.  Let's not start a flame war.

Absolutely.  You're right of course.  I suspect that pride will not allow
either of us to take this to private email, but let's at least try to wrap
it up as soon as possible.  :-)

--
Patrick Doyle
address@hidden