Re: Simple Proposal

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Simple Proposal
Date: 08 Nov 2001 16:44:45 -0700

>>>>> "Per" == Per Bothner <address@hidden> writes:

Etienne> Should we also forward this proposal to the GCC steering
Etienne> committee?

Per> My opinion, which I suspect the rest of the SC would share:

I'm in basic agreement with Per.

Etienne, if you really want to press this issue, go ahead.  Licensing
decisions typically must be escalated to RMS and sometimes beyond.
Since this one affect gcc then the GCC Steering Committee should be
involved.  In any case it's clear that nobody on the Classpath list
can make the decision -- people here can merely advocate changes.

Per> I also fear that raising the issue at this time might be a
Per> distraction from the issue of the AWT license.

Me too.

Tom