Re: What classes used Wonka.

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: What classes used Wonka.
Date: 12 Nov 2001 23:08:39 -0500

Patrick Spingys <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Classpath-Team!
>
> Have anyone more information about the OpenSource Java calles Wonka
> (http://wonka.acunia.com/)? Used it their one classes or the
> GNU-Classpath-classes?
>
> And where ist the big different between the GNU-Classpath-CLasses and
> Kaffe's Klasses.jar-CLasses? Why do not the two project fusion?

Hi Patrick,

You weren't subscribed from that email address so I had to approve the
message.  Wonka I don't know about really, but another oddity... Manta
(http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rob/manta/) includes some 6 to 12 classes from
Classpath, others from Kaffe, and still others from other places
including somes sort of Swing implementation with absolutely no idea
where that came from.

Kaffe's classes are a little further along in some respects and the
two projects have not fused yet probably because of the effort
involved, the licensing issues, and no evident win-win situation.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>