Re: What classes used Wonka.

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: What classes used Wonka.
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:27:37 +0100

Patrick Spingys wrote:

> Hi Classpath-Team!
>
> Have anyone more information about the OpenSource Java calles Wonka
> (http://wonka.acunia.com/)?

Yes, I have. :)

> Used it their one classes or the
> GNU-Classpath-classes?

Our own.  At the time we started the project we didn't know what
licensing
we would use (in the end it was BSD), so it would not have been prudent
to rely on using GPL'd code (even with an exception).  Now we are in the

position that the Classpath people are pretty free to take code from us,
but
we're still a bit nervous about taking code from them - at least until
the
current licensing issues are sorted out.

> And where ist the big different between the GNU-Classpath-CLasses and
> Kaffe's Klasses.jar-CLasses? Why do not the two project fusion?

I'll let someone else answer that ...

Regards

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA