Security provider updates and gnu.classpath.home

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Security provider updates and gnu.classpath.home
Date: 18 Aug 2002 18:17:53 +0200

Hi,

Raif Naffah, the gnu.crypto maintainer, send me some updates for our
MessageDigest implementation. While testing it against Kissme I found a
couple of deficiencies in our java.security.Security class. Which are
fixed by the following patch:

2002-08-18  Mark Wielaard <address@hidden>

    * gnu/classpath/Configuration.java.in: Add CLASSPATH_HOME field.
    * java/lang/System.java: Set gnu.classpath.home property.
    * java/security/Security.java: Use java.home are gnu.classpath.home
    to load providers.
    (loadProviders): Extra dir argument.
    (getProvider): Return null when not found.

The only interesting thing added is the gnu.classpath.home system
property which can be used to find installed files like the
classpath.security file. Maybe it can also be used in other situations
to get at classpath data regardless of the actual VM used.