Re: trouble getting kissme to work with gcp

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: trouble getting kissme to work with gcp
Date: 30 Aug 2002 16:50:47 +0100

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:23, Giannis Georgalis wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Giannis

>       I have successfully downloaded and built cvs GNU classpath
> and cvs kissme. I used these command for configuring:
>
> classpath:
> ./configure --prefix=/home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-java=kissme \
> [--with-classpath=/home/jgeorgal/JDE/src/kissme/classes.zip \]
> --with-zip --with-jikes --enable-gtk-peer --enable-jni --enable-cni \
> --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-shared

I have never used the --with-java=kissme option for compiling classpath.
I don't think it's necessary?

Also, the only options I use when configuring classpath are:

--with-jikes --enable-jni

> kissme:
> ./configure --prefix=/home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-classpath-install-dir=\
> /home/jgeorgal/JDE --with-gnu-classpath
>
> The problem is that I cannot run even the helloworld program with kissme;
> I'll be more specific. When my
> CLASSPATH=/home/jgeorgal/JDE/share/classpath/glibj.zip:.
> if I try to run a helloworld.java (byte-compiled with jikes Version 1.16 - 10
> July 2002)
> I get the message "Kissme Panic: Didn't find instance field offset for
> _classStruct (java/lang/Class)"
> and when I include in my CLASSPATH the classes.zip file from kissme
> distribution I get:
>
> Error: unknown native method called: java/lang/Double.initIDs()V
> java/lang/Double
> There were 6 methods for this class
> Error: unknown native method called: java/lang/System.isWordsBigEndian()Z
> java/lang/System
> There were 5 methods for this class
> FAILED TO INITIALIZE java/lang/System
> ---------------Top level exception handler-------------------
> Kissme Panic: NoClassDefFoundError
>
> I cannot figure out what's wrong :(
> I have loaded the libs in lib/classpath ...

The problem is that kissme can't find the native .so libraries provided
by classpath.

Did you 'make install' for classpath?

Point LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the relevant directory.

On my debian system:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/classpath

John Leuner