Re: I wish to help

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: I wish to help
Date: 29 Oct 2002 19:23:26 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Chris Gray said that they wanted to relicense it if needed but I
> don't know if they are actually going to donate it to the FSF for
> inclusion in the GNU Classpath project. Note however that Rudolph is
> not a peer based implementation.

I'm trying to get something definite from Chris right now.  There has
been on-going discussion with RMS, FSF legal, and Chris since he made
that statement.  There is the potential we could end up including the
relicensed Rudolph as an external library if it would save us a lot of
work.  There are some logistics involved in getting our fixes or
changes back to the upstream source, for instance if we made it
possible to use native peers as an option since we have some of that
code already.

Opinions?

Brian
--